I have realized that converting to living a healthy lifestyle takes commitment to the process. The one thing I have to tell myself repeatedly is (the change does not occur overnight) it takes serious commitment and dedication. I was reading one of my, new favorite authors book “The 5 Levels of Leadership”, and he talked about dedicating yourself to leadership growth. One of the biggest suggestions is to start with writing a Declaration of commitment for a lifestyle change and signing it. According to John C. Maxwell your Declaration of Commitment should describe what you will do to grow and how you will approach it. Now, I thought to myself this does not only to pertain to my growth as a leader, but also my journey converting to a healthier lifestyle. This is not my first time trying to convert, but this is my first time declaring a commitment to it. Declaring a commitment will be my way of holding me accountable to my word.
Declaration of Commitment to Living Healthy
From this day forward I commit to live a healthy lifestyle.
- I commit to working out at least three times a week for 30 mins.
- I commit to educating myself on the subjects of food, science and exercise as it pertains to a healthy lifestyle.
- I commit to keeping my readers updated and educated every step of the way.
- I commit to lose the mindset of self-doubt.
- I commit to lose the use of the phrase “I’ll start tomorrow”.
- I commit to use the stairs at work and leave the elevator as the thing of the past.
- I commit to Drink at least 1 gallon of water a day.
- I commit to believing in myself.
Sha-Taria L. Reddic 2/6/2017
This is my starting point that I commit to. In my experience you have to start with realistic expectations and goals. I will post a blank template of the Declaration of Commitment for you fill out and sign for yourself. Post your commitments where you can see them every day. I plan on posting mine to my mirror, refrigerator, and a copy posted inside my locker of my desk. Best wishes to you as we begin the journey to a healthier lifestyle.